From the article: Best Open Mic Nights Across America
Open mic nights are a great way to try out new material, or to check out your local folk and Americana music scene. Besides, it's free entertainment, and if you don't like the artist who's singing now, a new one will be up in 10 minutes. So tell us, where is your favorite open mic night, and what makes it so worth checking out? Cast your vote
Best Open Mic Night In America
- What: Open Mic When: Tue 9:00 pm - 1:00 am Host: Kimmy V Where: The Shanti, 825 Allen Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63104 (Directions: 314-241-4772) Website: www.soulardshanti.com Voted Best Open Mic RFT Come Toot Your Horn with Us Tonight! All Artists Welcome.
- —Guest Jennifer
Witherbees OPEN MIC
- Schroon Lake,NY 6:30-10PM I am the host and have FOH, 4 mics, & lights. Great Talent and great food and drink. Video at www.youtube.com/witherbeeopenmic
- —Guest Mark Piper
Opening Bell Coffee Dallas, TX
- Great host, super talent, good looking staff! Excellebt sound & well attended! :)
- —Guest Pascale
Opening Bell Coffee Dallas, TX
- Opening Bell's Tuesday night OPEN MIC has been going strong since July 2005! Always super talent, great listening room. 7-10 pm Steve Jackson is a super host! more info here: www.openingbellcoffee.com/calendar
Reno Music Project
- Without a doubt, the Reno Music Project open mic night (currently at Walden's Coffeehouse) is one that stands out, supporting unknown songwriters and launching such nationally known acts as Amber Rubarth, Whitney Myer, Buster Blue and the Novelists.
The Bluebird!?! Hah!
- Yeah, you can play at the Bluebird when you come to Nashville, but why waste your time? There are really great clubs all over Music City, and some of them are not so elitist as the Bluebird. (BTW the Bird is really overrated...but they do get quality acts, if only for their reputation. The place is tiny, the sound system so-so, the menu, expensive. And yes, you will have to come back to play...they've set it up so you can play every other week, if you want to, like I said, waste your time.) The Commodore is open 6 nites a week, and you can play there six nites a week. Sign in before 9PM. Douglas Corner Cafe, my favorite, has open mic on Tues. from 8PM til they're done. World-class sound system, hosted by Donnie Winters. Thursday, a hole-in-the-wall bar called Bobby's Idle Hour up on Music Row (16th Ave) has open mic, just show up, you'll get to play. There are some real SONGWRITERS hanging out there, but keep your eyes open, sometimes they take notes...
- —Guest CowboySlim
Canal Street Tavern Musicians Co-Op
- I've seen everyone from my good friends to Kim and Kelly Deal of the Breeders play at this thing. Always a respectful audience. I especially like how they make you sign up a few weeks in advance. It really makes you have to plan and get your set together rather than just playing on a whim. The amazing thing when you frequent the place is seeing guys grow their craft over time. Pretty much every local Dayton musician I enjoy seemed to get their start playing at the Musicians Co-Op
- —Guest E. Ryan Roth
Canal Street Tavern
- Canal Street Tavern in Dayton, Oh has got my vote. Comfortable, laid back atmosphere
What's the Best Open Mic Night in Americ
- Without a doubt it definately has to be The Musicians Co-op at Canal Street Tavern. I really was an old dog trying to learn a new trick at age 39, when I presented my own music to an audience for the first time. The Musicians Co-op was then recomended to me as a place where I could develop. I presented my songs to people who were more knowledgable about the craft and had more experience at communicating with an audience. It was there where I developed musically, met talented people who accepted and encouraged me, and more importantly, a place where I've made friends. Look it up on You Tube. There is also a video titled, "We Do This Every Week."
- —Guest Tim Siler
- Canal St Tavern in Dayton, OH gets my vote! It's the best and has been for years
- —Guest Sandy Lee
Musicians Co-Op at Canal Street Tavern
- Beginning its 30th year in one location, the Musicians Co-Op was held at various other venues before 1981. Advance sign-ups for a thirty set in a listening room equipped with a "state of the art" sound board, sound man, & host. Serious lovers of songwriting are always a part of the audience, newcomers soon join in. Attracts musicians from all across the globe. The one to show up for when in SW Ohio, Eastern Indiana, or Northern Kentucky. Tuesdays at 8 pm at the corner of First & Patterson Streets in Downtown Dayton OH
White Horse Black Mtn NC open mic
- Tuesday nights I host open mic at White Horse Black Mountain in Western North Carolina, 15 minutes east of Asheville - celebrating the region's vibrant music scene. World-class stage, listening room environment, Yamaha grand piano, full sound reinforcement with pro sound engineer and lots of attention to making artists sound their best. Good opportunity to audition or White Horse gig. Info http://www.whitehorseblackmountain.com or http://www.daveturnermusic.com
GYPSY PUB & CAFE all ages SEATTLE, WA
- I am the host and we cater to all musicians, acoustic and electric, to include drummers and bass players. The room is great, the sound does not boom or bounce off the walls, very cozy, living/dining room listening environment. Great talent from all over US and Seattle . Food, barista coffess, bottled beers, wine, juices, sodas available. NO TVs, Pool tables, but board games available. 5 MIC PA (Harmonies!!) Monitors, Keys amps,drums provided. Jamming encouraged, but not required. We have "FUN!" 3510 Stone Way N (Fremont) Seattle. I am a singer/songwriter, bassist and drummer and tamborinistandf have 25 years of hosting experience.
Unurban Cafe--Santa Monica
- *The* best (if not the quirkiest) open mike in west LA is at the Unurban Coffeehouse just under the 10 on Pico and 31st in Santa Monica. Every Friday night the place packs with new-to-LA hopefuls, as well as some old standbys. Always a fun night. As for the previous post about the Coffee Depot in Riverside, it is a beautiful venue, but they are unfortunately not kind to their performers--I once played a showcase there and could not even get a cup of tap water from them before my set.
- —Guest i
Best open mic is Coffee Depot!
- has been going on for 10 years! It's always packed every thursday nite! located at 3204 Mission Inn St Riverside, California! people come from all over the western US to play 3 songs on the stage! It is hosted professionally and all types of music is played (acoustic) 951-222-2263
- —Guest Ed Doss
1-15 of 22Next