Folk music is really about community, and I think it's important that this site best represents our community of folk music fans. If something's missing on this site that you'd like to learn more about, please let me know.
- How come you don't have information about (name an artist) on your site?
- If you see I'm missing a band or artist, just send me an email requesting more info on that particular artist, and I'll do what I can.
- How can I get my/my band's CD reviewed on this site?
- I receive, on average, a few CDs every day. Since this isn't just a reviews site, I can only do so much to make sure the CDs I receive get reviewed. I'm also an environmentalist, so if I can stream your CD online, I'd really prefer you just email a URL where I can hear and read more about you, rather than sending your printed materials. That said, I’m always stoked to hear about new folks and if you want to share, please email your site/MySpace page, or send your materials.
- Why did (name the CD) get a bad review?
- I probably just didn't enjoy the CD, honestly. My tastes are pretty broad—I personally listen to just about every form of music from hip-hop to jazz—but I am only human. I'm bound to come across artists and CDs that don't move me, and I think it's fair to say so. Conversely, sometimes I can be a little disappointed when artists I know to be incredibly talented make a record that doesn't resound with me. If you disagree, the forum is a great place to sound off.